Monday, October 23, 2006

The Journey Begins

Yesterday I saw a post on my friend's blog. Rachit had been with us for an year at XLRI before he left for IIMC. His blog was really inspiring..something which touched me..may be the honesty with which he wrote about his follies...rather difficult to see...when most of us try to pose as a strong person to the world...and hide our insecurities...it's his inspiration I am trying to pen down my thoughts and this will be my open dairy...

Life has moved on and when I look back now it seems I had been gifted with so many things and also lost so many things in life..yet I am not sad about it. Just that somethings were too valuable to lose. Why did I lose them? If I ask this question a few things which strikes my mind..may be sometimes I never tried to understand the other person..I always kept on thinking how can this person being so close to me say such things to me...

Well..may be I was asking the other person to be god...and not human...asking for too much...and in the process I lost them...It's so painful...still we suffer the pain...why cudn't I overcome that small barrier which was stopping me to talk to them.....they were important still I commited the mistake....there is no coming back from that point....they are gone....

But life stops for none...10 years...was a long gap...days passed...Mohit called me up...I was working at the Accenture office...

It was just another afternoon...I couldn't believe it was him...my best friend...in school days...and we didn't talk for 10 long years...and suddenly I get a call from him...

Recall the movie "Dil Chahta Hai"...well life also sometimes seems like a movie...a cliched statement but guess it holds true...

That phone call made my day....I was the happiest person on earth....I always wanted to talk to him...but again a few incidents of the past stopped me....

It took 10 years for him also to break the barrier...... but now it's broken..and gone :-)

2 Comments:

At 1:49 AM, Blogger Rachit said...

It feels nice to see your name in a blog other than your own...and it feels even better when this happens for the first time :D

 
At 12:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wonderfully poignant and beautifully put ...... cheers !!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home