Sunday, November 12, 2006

The Other Perspective

"Hey let me tell you, I have concluded this after thinking a lot and I count on my experience....I am damn sure that I am correct. Please c'mon how can you be so kiddish and say this....Do as you want to....I am going to do what I think is right....."


How many times have you made such statements....ok count and tell me....well let me tell you....you can't count...its innumerable...


Just pause for a while and think...do you have the listening abilities and do you really respect the alternative perspective....


As we grow most of us develop a managerial frame of mind. We keep on referring to our past experience. Though it is perfectly fine what really disappears is the ability to appreciate what others say.


Drawing a parallel to personal life... such an attitude can really prove fatal. Most of the time we end up arguing rather than a healthy discussion. Closing yourself to ideas and thoughts put forth by others really restricts your own thought process...


Arguments are good till they lead to something constructive. However, most of time we take things personally as if our thoughts and ideas weren't appreciated. But did we appreciate others perspective....:-)


Life is not about proving oneself right..coz you will always be wrong for some people and right for others...I have always felt collaborative effort is much better...yet such outcome can come only when both the person speaking do appreciate the same...

"Give a chance to others...you never know what you can lose in your pursuit to prove yourself right"

........

2 Comments:

At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This thought is indeed a provoking one cause it signifies the opening up of our self to the person in front of us. But the more difficult part is to allow this process to change us, rather than just letting the thought pass away

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Rex said...

There is nothing bad to express your thoughts if you can really trust the person. Yet the only issue is the courage to do so...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home