Friday, November 17, 2006

Expectations..Pillars of failure

Expectations are something which cannot be avoided. As human, invariably we cannot restrict ourselves from expecting something from others. We can try not to but we fail to do so. Some expectations become so implicit that we don't even think on it.

Expectation of love from your near ones, expectation of respect from youngers, expectation of appreciation for work well done and so on and so forth. The list is endless....

The issue to think about is whether such expectations are right or wrong. In the slokas of Bhagwat Gita, Lord Krishna said "Karm karo par fal ki iccha mat karo" - do your karma but "don't expect" anything. Well this is a tough proposition.

As human we fail to do so most of the time. I too have failed. I have failed coz I expected goodness for being good...I have failed coz I expected simplicity for being simple....I expected being understood for being understanding....

I have failed badly coz I am also human and not god. Expectations are broken. I wont be bad not coz I didn't get something good...yet I wont be the same either.....life teaches all and the learning curve makes you what you are...

May be what I need is to understand that the Gita slokas is the ultimate truth....the truth that cannot be negated...may be there lies the seed of happiness....

Life goes on and as I said before you have to move on....it's time to move on again....

.......

3 Comments:

At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stress= Expectation (=/) Capability


N

 
At 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is no word as impossible.. Achieving this is not impossible too. It just requires the strength of your mind. I believe in the power of the mind, and it has helped me get through this phase too. I hope you achieve it too. Good luck!

 
At 10:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, one does have lot of expectations...more so with their close ones...ever wonder why we get along well with our network relationships and sometimes screw our personal relationships...just because we are more objective , less hooked and expect less from the former...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home